MINUTES of MEETING held on 9th November 2015
PRESENT C.Cook(Clerk), S. Hannant , P. Jackson, M. Ball, J. Lucy, L. Chenery, J. Seaward, J. O’Leary & W. Kemp (District Councillor)
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE received from M. Somerville (County Councillor)
2 .DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Chairman asked for any declarations of interest.
- Chenery declared an interest in local plan
- MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING held on 12th October 2015 were agreed as a true representation of meeting.
Proposed by L. Chenery seconded by M. Ball.
- COUNTY/DISTRICT COUNCILLORS, COMMUNITY POLICING, LOCAL ORGANISATIONS, CLUBS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES -– REPORTS / INFORMATION.
- Kemp (District Councillor) commented on devolution of powers which is awaiting government proposals.
- Somerville (County Councillor) has forwarded her communications with individuals regarding the establishment of a Parish Council for Raveningham.. This mentions the possibility of some sort of arrangement with Thurlton PC which is the first time we have been informed of this suggestion. Await developments.
The grants and fund raising for car park was discussed. Meeting suggested for 23rd November 7.30 pm in the V.H. It was suggested that Highways are contacted regarding potential shale materials.
There is a need to check to specifications for which planning permission has been received and if this has to be adhered to receive the Lottery Grant .
- MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF P.C. ASSETS
Official opening of the final phase of the play area renovation went well with a good turnout. Letter of thanks to Richard Bacon to be sent and a press release to be e-mailed to local press
Mole hills are a problem at present. Jem has offered to fit traps but it would be easier if we remove current molehills so he can then assess runs when they reappear. Some work has been done removing molehills to the areas in front of goal posts.
Other items outstanding from this year’s inspection include protrusion of bolts on benches and edging of the toddler area.
Contractors for the pub housing have re installed the chicane at Links Way entrance and have moved the metal fencing to the corner of the playing field following our recent communication.
Clerk also asked regarding the reinstatement of Mill Lane. No response as yet. However it was suggested that Mill Lane is in reasonably condition and it was questioned as to what needs to be done
The request from a resident of Hampton Ave (Dawn Parker) to plant a tree to the corner of her property for privacy reasons was discussed. Agreed in principle but Clerk to confirm height and type of tree and any possible problems with neighbours. Request from Carl Cooper for replacement of memorial tree agreed.
- HIGHWAY/TRAFFIC CALMING/FOOTPATH MATTE
Clerk has received a complaint regarding safety during drop off and pick up at the school gates. Apparently some children walk out onto Church Rd between cars with little regard or consideration of potential danger from oncoming vehicles. Suggestion that we should ask school if they would like to prepare an article for the newsletter.
Rangers visit discussed. Agreed to request assistance for removal of leaves on Village Car Park, Mill Lane and public footpath by church.
Heather is preparing a complaint to the ombudsman regarding SNC responses to our complaints regarding their reporting of the Parish Councils responses to the Local Plan Inspector.
Activity on the Beccles Rd site was apparently archaeological survey requested at some point during the planning application?
The Planning Application for installation of solar panels at 17, Links Way was considered and approved.
- Barber Grounds Maintenance £550.00
NTTVH Hire of Hall £11.00
CPRE Subscription £36.00
- Cook Photocopies newsletter & Petty Cash £75.60
Queens Head Refreshments for opening £50.00
- Cox Play area warden wages £18.43
Proposed by P. Jackson seconded by J. O’Leary that cheque payments be authorised.
- PARISH PLAN
A questionnaire was included in the November Newsletter. Drop off points were listed on the reverse of questionnaire. Some responses received but agreed that we wait to end of November before responses are summarised.
Articles for next newsletter to include results of Pumpkin competition, report on official opening of gym equipment and paths etc
- GENERAL DISCUSSION
The need for finance to expand/upgrade facilities on the community composting site was discussed. Proposals to be discussed at December meeting.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING 14th DECEMBER 2015
NOB meeting closed at 8.10 pm