Meeting 8th June 2015

MINUTES of MEETING held on 8th June 2015

 

PRESENT C.Cook(Clerk), S. Hannant , P. Jackson, M. Ball, J. Lucy, L. Chenery, J. O’Leary and W. Kemp (District Councillor)

  1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE received from J. Seaward & M. Somerville (County Councillor)

2 .DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

 Chairman asked for any declarations of interestL. Chenery declared an interest in Local Plan

  1. MINUTES OF  THE PREVIOUS  MEETING held on 13th April 2015 were  agreed as a true representation of meetings

Proposed by J. O’Leary seconded by M. Ball .

  1. COUNTY/DISTRICT COUNCILLORS, COMMUNITY POLICING, LOCAL ORGANISATIONS, CLUBS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES -– REPORTS / INFORMATION.

Chairman congratulated W. Kemp (District Councillor) on his re-election.

Police monthly report show 9 recorded crimes mostly associated with shed break-in’s on the allotments.

  1. Kemp (District Councillor) had nothing to report other than items on the Agenda.
  2. O’Leary reported that Fund raising for the Village Car Park is ongoing. Raffle tickets are on sale as part of this fund raising.

Co-option of Councilor. John Seaward of Beccles Road has asked to be considered for the vacancy. No other nominations. J.O’Leary proposed and P. Jackson seconded that John Seaward be co-opted. All ageed. Provided he signs his declaration of office prior to next meeting he can participate in that meeting.

  1. MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF P.C. ASSETS

Grant funding has been offered from WREN for Outdoor Gym and access paths. Simon’s contact information as new Chair has been forwarded to WREN to be a signatory to the funding agreement. . (Chris is the second signatory). Heather will remain as main contact for this grant application.

A contractor who has quoted for gym equipment suggested that we resolve the gaps at the edge of the roller skating path by simply filling them with soil.

We await quotations/suggestions for other problems including ball park resurfacing/ toddler area surfacing repairs and fencing refurbishment.

It was agreed that we await this year’s annual play area inspection before we progress repairs etc.

Contractors for the pub housing are willing to re install chicane at Links Way entrance and will let us have the metal fencing when it is replaced by the new boundary fencing for the housing. We may need to arrange storage of fence panels at a point in time.

  1. HIGHWAY/TRAFFIC CALMING/FOOTPATH MATTERS

Beccles Road has been re-surfaced. Problems re puddling have been reported to highways. They have forwarded our complaint to their contractor. I have repeated our request for action Await response/action

To consider the Parish Partnership Scheme for local highway improvements

No response from other Parish Councils regarding speed awareness equipment. Main problem appears to be available funding. Perhaps PC should look at possibility of renting equipment or asking police to provide periodically?

Bowls Club have asked the PC to consider placement of amenity directional sign placed at pub corner directing visitors to say Bowls Club, Church, School, Allotments etc.

Clerk to investigate provision and prices of signs. Suggested that this could be included in proposed update of Parish Plan’

 

 

The complaint regarding overgrowth of hedge on access path at top of Links Way to amenity area was discussed. Parish Council agreed there in some encroachment to path but it does not restrict access to any great extent.

  1. PLANNING

Heather prepared a response to the local plan hearing which was circulated on 3rd June. This needed to be sent to SNC by the 5th. As there was no adverse response from Councillors the response was sent last week.

The revised planning application 2014/2222 for a development of 27 properties on Beccles Road site adjacent to College Road was discussed. Heather had prepared a draft response to this revised application which was circulated to all Councillors. It was agreed that this response be sent as the Parish Councils opinion on the revised application

  1. CHEQUES
  1. Youngman Internal Audit £40.00
  2. Cook Photocopies N/L, Bouquet, Petty Cash £87.80
  3. Cox Play area warden wages              £40.09

Proposed by M. Ball seconded by P. Jackson  that cheque payments be authorised.

  • PARISH PLAN

 

To review Parish Plan

It has been suggested that from information received we plan a short questionnaire and include in a future newsletter and use results to update Parish Plan.

Questions could include Highway safety and speed limits, provision for young people,.

future development in the village and perhaps a statistical section, (age ranges, employment, etc.) and any further facilities that people would like.

Clerk to send copy of original Parish Plan and a later review to all Councillors.

  • COMMUNICATION

 

Articles for next newsletter to include Car Park fund raising/raffle. We could ask residents for thoughts regarding an update of the Parish Plan.

  • GENERAL DISCUSSION

 

No items put forward for inclusion on a future agenda.

  • DATE OF NEXT MEETING 13th JULY 2015

 

   

NOB meeting closed at

 

Signed………………………………………………….

This entry was posted in 2015 Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.