MINUTES of MEETING held on 13th July 2015
PRESENT C.Cook(Clerk), S. Hannant , P. Jackson, J. Seaward, J. Lucy, J. O’Leary and P. Jackson.
Chairman welcomed John Seaward as our new councillor
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE received from M. Ball and L. Chenery
2 . DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Chairman asked for any declarations of interest.
- MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING held on 8th June 2015 were agreed as a true representation of meetings
Proposed by J. O’Leary seconded by J. Lucy
- COUNTY/DISTRICT COUNCILLORS, COMMUNITY POLICING, LOCAL ORGANISATIONS, CLUBS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES -– REPORTS / INFORMATION.
Monthly e-mail report received from Loddon Police. One recorded crime
- O’Leary informed that Treasurer of V.H. will be changing in near future. There is a meeting on Friday. Main priority at present is fundraising for Village Car park refurbishment.
- MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF P.C. ASSETS
Grant funding has been offered from WREN for Outdoor Gym and access paths. Heather will remain as main contact for this grant application. Installation should commence next week
Items from this years play area inspection were discussed. Working Party arranged for Saturday 1st August commencing at 10 am to progress suggestions. Clerk to order missing parts for equipment.
A contractor who quoted for gym equipment suggested that we resolve the gaps at the edge of the roller skating path by simply filling them with soil.
We await quotations/suggestions for other problems including ball park resurfacing/ toddler area surfacing repairs and fencing refurbishment which were not mentioned in the play area inspection report.
Contractors for the pub housing are willing to re install chicane at Links Way entrance and will let us have the metal fencing when it is replaced by the new boundary fencing for the housing. Heather is progressing this.
- HIGHWAY/TRAFFIC CALMING/FOOTPATH MATTERS
Beccles Road has been re-surfaced . Problems re puddling have been reported to highways. They have forwarded our complaint to their contractor. I have repeated our request for action Await response/action
Problems with signage and road markings at crossways corner have been reported to Highways
It was agreed that purchase of speed awareness equipment is removed from agenda at this time. Suggested that we ask Police to provide mobile equipment periodically.
Bowls Club have asked the PC to consider placement of amenity directional sign placed at pub corner directing visitors to say Bowls Club, Church, School, Allotments, Village Hall, Playing Field etc. Agreed that Clerk replies to Bowls Club and suggest that funds are not available at this time. (Approximate cost £500)
Heathers complaint to SNC regarding their reporting of the Parish Councils responses to the Local Plan Inspector was sent to SNC etc. Response was received and circulated with Agenda. Heather is preparing a response to this letter. It was agreed that Heather’s draft response would be circulated to all Councillors and if there were no objections Clerk would send to SNC as the Parish Council’s response.
BT Phone and Broadband £145.14
NTTVH Hire of Hall £9.50
David Bracey Play Area Inspection £78.00
- Cook Clerks Wages, Photocopies N/L etc £400.62
HMRC Clerks Tax £100.75
- Cox Play area warden wages £36.29
Proposed by J. O’Leary seconded by P. Jackson that cheque payments be authorised.
- PARISH PLAN
- O’Leary offered to review Parish Plan and bring suggestions as to how an update of Plan is progressed to next meeting.
It has been suggested that we plan a short questionnaire and include in a future newsletter and use results to update Parish Plan.
Nothing to report
- GENERAL DISCUSSION
Agreed that J. Lucy would keep a copy of Parish Council files on memory stick. P. Jackson to liaise with Clerk with regard to keeping copies of all information on Goggle.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING 10th AUGUST 2015
NOB meeting closed at