MINUTES of MEETING held on 12th December 2016
- PRESENT C.Cook(Clerk), S. Hannant , P. Jackson, J. Seaward, M. Ball, L. Chenery, J. Lucy, J. O’Leary, and M. Stone (County Councillor)
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE None received
2 .DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Chairman asked for any declarations of interest. None declared
- MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING held on 14h November 2016 were agreed as a true representation of meetings
Proposed by M. Ball seconded by S. Hannant
- COUNTY/DISTRICT COUNCILLORS, COMMUNITY POLICING, LOCAL ORGANISATIONS, CLUBS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES -– REPORTS / INFORMATION.
Police No report
Await further information on the resurrection of the home watch/neighbourhood watch schemes.
- Stone (County Councillor)
End of year report had been e-mailed to all Councillors. M. Stone summarised her report and suggested articles for next newsletter to include loneliness campaign and support for people in the event of a power cut. She offered to contact Karen O’Kann for her to communicate with PC direct regarding Broadband situation.
John Seaward is progressing contact with NCC/School with regard to changes in management and organisation etc.
Village car park resurfacing complete. . Quote received from P.C. Insurance for surfacing of car park (£70). Village Hall will get a quote on their insurance. Decisions then will be required. Do we need to insure and if so who should pay.
Following an accident VH committee has reviewed conditions of hire to include need for hirers to have their own public liability insurance.
VH committee meetings will be held on 1st Friday of each month at 4.45pm in the Village Hall.
- MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF P.C. ASSETS
Outstanding items from this years inspection still to be resolved. Problems with pathway edges surfacing on toddler area, bolt caps missing. Clerk to obtain surfacing repair kit. Lockable bollard base and posts for exercise equipment signs were installed at a working party on Saturday 10th December. Posts to be painted with green hammerite paint in the Spring. Molehills were flattened.
Tree surgery was undertaken to help resolve the complaint received from residents of Queens Head Close property adjacent to playing field relative to lack of privacy. Thanks to T. Hannant (a local tree surgeon) recorded for his help in this respect
Suggestion from J. Lucy that we should have a system of planned maintenance on the playing field discussed. S. Hannant and J. Lucy to investigate.
- HIGHWAY/TRAFFIC CALMING/FOOTPATH MATTE
Public Rights of Way particularly with regard to Mill Lane still being monitored by John Seaward. Suggestion that we check Mill Lane boundaries to be progressed.
Lockable post base was installed to restrict lorry/caravan access to playing field at top of Mill Lane as required. Keys will be obtained for all Village Hall key holders. Lockable post is with Clerk and will be placed when considered necessary.
Article from SNC regarding dog fouling included in the last newsletter. .
No applications at present
Rav Mag Newsletters insertions to rav mag 16/17 £50.00
SLCC Subscription £67.00
ALCC Subscription £10.00
Norfolk Copiers Copy charges £12.96
CHT New set of pads for defib £33.00
ERCG Donation £25.00
- Cook Locks, Postcrete, Paint, Petty Cash £97.53
Proposed by J. O’Leary and seconded by J. Lucy that payments be authorised.
Chris Blyth who has planted a memorial tree on the amenity area at top of Links Way has also offered to supply and install a memorial bench in the area following the article in the October newsletter. To be progressed
No newsletter in January.
- GENERAL DISCUSSION
To discuss items for possible inclusion on a future agenda. No items raised.
Chairman wished everyone compliments of the season
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING JANUARY 9th 2017
List of meeting dates for 2017 e-mailed to all Councillors
NOB meeting closed at 8.10pm