MINUTES of MEETING held on 11th June 2018
PRESENT C.Cook(Clerk), S. Hannant, M. Ball, J. Lucy, A. Jones , J. O’Leary, P. Jackson & W. Kemp (District Councillor)
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE received from J. Seaward and M.Stone ( District Councillor)
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- Chairman asked for any declarations of interest. Chairman declared a personal interest in the Hampton Ave planning application.
- MNUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS held on 9th April 2018 were agreed as a true representation of meetings
- Proposed by J. Lucy seconded by J.O’Leary
- COUNTY/DISTRICT COUNCILLORS, COMMUNITY POLICING, LOCAL ORGANISATIONS, CLUBS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES -– REPORTS / INFORMATION.Village Hall requires funds. Shelf in progress to front of table/chair storage area.
- W. Kemp (District councillor) commented on potential shared services with Broadland district council. He will send an application for grants from his fund.
- MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF P.C. ASSETSSuggestion that benches/notice board on Beccles rd need attention/painting. Offer by resident to paint benches to be progressed.
- To progress removal of telephone box on Beccles rd. W. Kemp (District Councillor) will progress on our behalf.
- Items from last year’s play area inspection include pathway edges and surfacing on toddler area. Quotes received for the resurfacing /repair of the toddler area etc. At a previous meeting, it was agreed to postpone any decision until we receive further infrastructure levy payments from the Beccles Rd development.
- HIGHWAY/TRAFFIC CALMING/FOOTPATH MATTERS
- Still need to progress long term solution to flooding on Hall Farm corner with highways.
- PLANNINGResident has spoken to S. Hannant. regarding installation of street lights. Clerk has looked through all conditions on planning approval, plans, street views etc on SNC site and there is no mention of street lighting anywhere. S. Hannant to contact case officerPlanning application 2018/1108 for Rear and side extensions and internal alterations to Hill Crest. Church Rd Thurlton was considered. Proposed by A. Jones seconded by M. Ball that we approve this application.
- Planning application 2018/1020 for erection of single storey extension to rear of dwelling and single garage to front of property at 1 Hampton Ave, Thurlton was considered Agreed the garage proposal to front of building was out of character with street scene and application should be refused. Proposed by J. O’Leary seconded by M. Ball
- Beccles Road development has now received full planning approval subject to a number of conditions. Ground works have commenced.
- Cook Stationery, bedding plants & P. C. £95.26
- Robertshaw Wardens Wages £19.80
- K. Youngman Annual audit £40.00
Proposed M. Ball and seconded by J. Lucy that cheque payments be authorised.
Annual donation to church Fabric Fund (£200) was agreed.
A donation to community shop from community composting credits was agreed. Suggested that it be a specific purchase to be progressed.
E-mail from H.Longman suggesting wind up of the Playing Field Assn and transfer funds to PC for maintenance of play area to be progressed.
Information on requirements of new Data protection acts (May 2018) to be progressed
In short term we need to communicate with individuals/organisations that we include contact details on our web-site and ensure they are happy with the disclosure of this information.
Articles to newsletter to include Shop, Bonfires, Beccles rd development, community composting, dog poo etc
- GENERAL DISCUSSION
To discuss items for possible inclusion on a future agenda. Nothing suggested.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING JULY 9th 2018
NOB meeting closed at 8.15 pm