10th June 2013 Minutes

MINUTES of MEETING held on 10th June 2013

 

PRESENT  C.Cook(Clerk), H. Longman  S. Hannant ,  J. Berry, J. O’Leary, M. Ball, P. Jackson,  L. Chenery, W. Kemp (District Councillor) and M. Sommerville (County Councillor)

 1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE None received.

2 .DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

 Chairperson asked for any declarations of interest. None declared

  1. 3.    MINUTES  OF  THE PREVIOUS  MEETINGS held on 8th April 2013 and 3rd June 2013 were  agreed as a true representation of meetings

Proposed by J. O’Leary seconded by P. Jackson

  1. 4.    COUNTY/DISTRICT COUNCILLORS, COMMUNITY POLICING,      LOCAL ORGANISATIONS, CLUBS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES -– REPORTS / INFORMATION.

W. Kemp (District Councillor) reported that the meeting at which the local plan site specifics are to be agreed has been postponed.

M. Sommerville introduced herself as our new CountyCouncillor. She offered to help in anyway she can and outlined her areas of involvement. She outlined the problems facing the County Council particularly with regard to organisation.

Village Hall have been awarded a grant towards improvements. Thanks to J. O’Leary and M. Ball for their work in achieving this. David Fairhead has been awarded the contract.

  1. 5.      MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF P.C. ASSETS

The goal posts need repair.  It was agreed at last meeting that we purchase goal posts. For purposes of safety and to reduce vandalism potential it was agreed to purchase steel posts at around £500. Clerk was given permission to raise a cheque for these as soon as pro-forma invoice arrives.

Mole problem. Traps have been installed and 3 moles have been caught. However there is still activity and Jem will place further traps. I am attempting to keep mole hills clear for Charlie Barber to mow safely.

Annual inspection organised for this week

There is a problem in the centre of the toddler are where surface has been dug up. A repair was completed this morning but we may need at least a partial resurface in the future

There is a need for a working party to tidy, repair this surface and fit new goal posts etc. This to be arranged when new goal posts have been delivered.

Planting of summer bedding was completed at the end of last week. Note to be placed on the notice board to record thanking to businesses that have sponsored this year and Horticultural Club for planting.

6.  HIGHWAY/TRAFFIC CALMING/FOOTPATH MATTERS

To consider any outstanding Highway/Footpath matters

SAM analysis shows that over 9 days (23 hours) 5% of vehicles were speeding.

Clerk to report pot holes again.

  1. 7.      PLANNING

To receive feedback on current applications or any other planning matters. Nothing to report.

To consider further information on the Local Plan consultation as and when available. Nothing to report

  1. CHEQUES

NTTVH                       Hire of Hall                                                       £9.50

C. Cook                       Newsletter, Ink                                     £27.59

K. Cox                         Wardens wages                                                £29.92

J. Youngman                Internal Audit                                                    £35.00

E.S.T.S. Ltd                 Mesh for Community Composting                     £33.74

Proposed by   J. O’Leary seconded by  S. Hannant   that cheque payments be authorised.

 

The use of funds from village of year competition, Playing Field Assn donation and community composting receipts was discussed. Clerk to check prices of  cycle racks and benches. M. Ball to investigates costs of defribulator.

We did not get the wildlife area grant

The clerk has received a quotation for the track though and entrance to the allotments. (over £5000)

  1. PARISH PLAN

Mesh has arrived for sieving the compost on the community composting area.

Youth exchange programme will not occur this year as Latvia did not get funding

Robin Konieczny has ideas for future exchanges in conjunction with a group in West Norfolk

To review localism bill, the big consultation and quality status as and when information available. Nothing to report

     10. COMMUNICATION

To consider articles for July Newsletter. Pumpkin competition, Thanks to sponsors and H.C. for planting, SAM analysis, Fly tipping at Re-cycling centre. VH grant and building work, good neighbourhood scheme.

     11. GENERAL DISCUSSION

M. Ball to investigate SNC environmental crime scheme with a view to possible use of cameras to catch flytippers

 

     12. DATE OF NEXT MEETING 8th JULY 2013

 

 

NOB meeting closed at 8.20pm

 

Signed…………………………………………………….Date………………………………….

Comments are closed.