13th December 2010 Minutes

MINUTES of MEETING held on 13th December 2010
PRESENT C.Cook(Clerk), H. Longman, S. Hannant , J. Berry, P. Jackson and M. Saunders
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE County Councillor)
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST –
3 MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS held on 8th & 29th November 2010 were agreed as a true representation of meetings
Proposed by J. Berry seconded by S. Hannant
4. COUNTY/DISTRICT COUNCILLORS, COMMUNITY POLICING, LOCAL ORGANISATIONS, CLUBS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES -– REPORTS / INFORMATION.
W. Kemp (District Councillor) reported on Localism/Big Society and the extent of cuts to Council budgets and the approaches South Norfolk are taking to achieve revised budgets.
Tree Warden vacancy. Jeff Pennington of Church Rd rang and requested information and has now confirmed his interest in the position. Clerk to progress.
5. MANAGEMENT OF PC ASSETS
To consider any current requirements with regard to allotments, Playing Field etc Grant received from WREN (£25,000) for phase 4 of the play area renovation. H. Longman has spoken to Chris Hanisken from Sutcliffe and agreed a final price for completion of £34,000 Planned installation will be in April. Appeal letter to local businesses and organisation for donations. £50 so far from shop collection, £75 from private donation, £500 from Country Fair. There will be a donation from the youth club. Casino Night fundraiser this Friday in Queen’s Head. Decision on progress of order to be finalised at January meeting.
To consider CCTV installation. Grant has been applied for and await response
Replacement of damaged fencing on Links Way to be discussed. Quote received from D. Crisp (£80)
Clerk to apply for grants for the next phase of play area fencing (Fence to the pub boundary). Need to allow access for contractors installing phase 4 of play area renovation.
H. Longman to apply for grant for environmental improvements (community composting and heat source energy etc)
Management of the Allotments. Minor change in respect to public liability commencing from 1st January. Proposed by S. Hannant seconded by M. Saunders that agreement be modified.
Church Room was discussed. Nick Will has informed the Church Room now registered and all interested parties can progress the future of same. The possibility of an Application to the Lottery Millions, (deadline 12th Feb 2011) suggested, but we will need to have a clear idea of usage and costs.

6. HIGHWAY/TRAFFIC CALMING/FOOTPATH MATTERS
To consider any outstanding Highway/Footpath matters
Requests for grit bins on College Rd and Hampton Ave have been received. I have spoken to Highways and they will fill bins if we provide. Bins are now approx £180 each. Suggestion that we donate say £100 to each site to be progressed.
One resident on college rd offered to make a grit bin. Another suggestion is that we ask for piles of grit to be placed (happens in Suffolk). P. Arnold offered to check wholesale prices for Bins. These possibilities to be progressed. Clerk to write to residents to assess their feeling with regard to various suggestions.
7. PLANNING
To include standard clause on light pollution on all applications
Clerk has spoken to Haddiscoe PC re problems on Low Rd. They have more detail than us and have reported to appropriate authorities
8. CHEQUES
C.Cook Photocopies newsletter £21.84
K. Cox Wardens Wages £14.82
NTTVH Hire of Hall £12.75
SLCC Subscription £61.00
Cash Petty Cash £30.00
Proposed by S. Hannant seconded by P. Jackson that cheque payments be authorised.
9. PARISH PLAN
To consider progress of proposals resulting from Parish plan taking into account the Vital Villages seminar.
The Multilateral Exchange for 6 youths, (13-20 years) and one leader between Spain, Latvia, Slovenia, Moldavia and us will commence next year. H. Longman will need some support for the EU grant application for the project and suggestions for the 6 youngsters and one adult leader to be involved in the exchange this June.
Big Consultation Document on circulation. Agreed we respond directly by 10th January using the comments/notes H. Longman had prepared.
10. COMMUNICATION
Information on disc re frolic to be transferred to scrap book on web site. Thanks to J. O’Leary the problem with size/readability is resolved but Clerk still has a problem loading the revised information to the web site. Clerk to e-mail information to P. Jackson
Meeting dates for 2011 agreed
No January newsletter
11. GENERAL DISCUSSION
No items for discussion
12. DATE OF NEXT MEETING 10th January 2010
NOB meeting closed at 9.00pm

Signed………………………………………………Date…………………………

This entry was posted in 2010 Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.