12th February 2018 Minutes

MINUTES of MEETING held on 12th February 2018

 

PRESENT C.Cook(Clerk), S.Hannant, P. Jackson, J. Seaward, M. Ball,  J. Lucy,   A. Jones , J. O’Leary, M.Stone (County Councillor) and one Councillor from Haddiscoe

  1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

None received

  1. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST      None received
  2.  Chairman asked for any declarations of interest.
  • MINUTES  OF  THE PREVIOUS  MEETINGS held on 8th January 2018 were  agreed as a true representation of meetingsPLANNING APPLICATION Planning Application C/7/2018/7001 Crossways Farm, Loddon Road, Thurlton. Installation of secondary containment structure and tanks etc. was brought forward on agenda for discussion and input from other councils. Other councils are concerned over continued expansion of site, increased traffic movements and smells. M. Stone (County Councillor) is visiting site in near future and will report back to Parish Councils. She will ask for an information leaflet to be prepared regarding site activities.

 

    1. This application does not appear to have effect on the concerns raised and it was proposed by J. O’Leary seconded by M. Ball that we approve application on the basis that NCC planners will act on our behalf to ensure application does not have any detrimental effect on our environment.
    2. Proposed by J. Lucy seconded by A. Jones
  • COUNTY/DISTRICT COUNCILLORS, COMMUNITY POLICING, LOCAL ORGANISATIONS, CLUBS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES -– REPORTS / INFORMATION.M. Stone (County Councillor) summarised her report which had been received and circulated. NCC have agreed a 5.9% increase in Council Tax.Suggested that PC ask for report from school regarding Academy status etc.

 

    1. Village Hall roof repairs have been postponed.
    2. E-mail from Police received and circulated
  • MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF P.C. ASSETSAwait Beccles company to remove fence panels, blasting and powder coating and replacement. Early in new year. Quote for £3250 +VAT includes the firm doing removal of panels and replacement with anti-theft bolts etc was agreed previouslyBenches to the amenity area at top of Links Way have been installed. Thanks to all.              Memorial plaques ordered and will be fitted.To progress removal of telephone box on Beccles rd. Just the cabinet to be removed. Clerk to progress.

 

  1. Suggested that benches/notice board on Beccles road need attention/painting Working party to be arranged. Alternatively, a resident has offered to undertake this work. Clerk to progress.
  2. C. Barber has been asked to scarify playing field again this year
  3. Items from last year’s play area inspection include pathway edges and surfacing on toddler area were discussed at previous meetings. Quotes received for the resurfacing /repair of the toddler area etc. At a previous meeting, it was agreed to postpone any decision until we receive further infrastructure levy payments from the Beccles Rd development.
  1. HIGHWAY/TRAFFIC CALMING/FOOTPATH MATTERSProblems with flooding on Hall farm corner are ongoing. Recent problem resolved by flushing out culverts. Is there a longer-term solution other than flushing out culverts on a regular basis? Possibility of having own PC flood warning signs discussed. Clerk to investigate costs and legality etcFly Tipping at re-cycling centre has now been collected and information suggesting source has been investigated. Thanks to everyone who helped in this respect
  2. Damage to Beccles Rd/ Church Rd footpath caused by ploughing should have been resolved. Clerk to investigate.
  3. Second phase of tree clearance on Church Footpath completed.
  • PLANNINGPlanning applications 2017/2726 and 2017/2698 considered. Addition of driveway, new vehicular access, 2 Bay timber framed cart lodge, removal of section of boundary wall and erection of a 5-bar gate and posts. Mr Mark Ford the Old White House, Low Rd. Approval proposed by A. Jones seconded by P. Jackson,

 

  1. Planning application 2018/0038 (retrospective) Internal alterations to dwelling – Mr Wayne Snell Priory Farm Barn, Low Road, Thurlton considered. Approval proposed by S. Hannant seconded by J. O’Leary.
  1. CHEQUES
  1. Robertshaw Wardens Wages £20.63

Norfolk Copiers                      Copy Charge                                       £28.93

  1. Hannant Tree works on footpath £80.00

Norfolk Copiers                      Lease of photocopier (DD)                 £71.82

Cheque to J. Lucy for keys for community composting area cancelled as this had been paid through petty cash.

Proposed by J. O’Leary and seconded by M. Ball that cheque payments and cancellation be authorised.

  • COMMUNICATION

 

Information on requirements of new Data protection acts (May 2018) to be progressed

Request received from NARS for donation. Proposed by J. Lucy seconded by J. O’Leary that we donate £25 agreed.

.           Articles to newsletter to include shop, reporting potholes floods etc, Litter pick and dog poo suggested.

  1. GENERAL DISCUSSION

Nothing raised.

 

 

        DATE OF NEXT MEETING MARCH  12th 2018

 

   

NOB meeting closed at 8.15pm

 

Signed…………………………

Leave a Reply

Comments are moderated. This may take some time as there is no full time moderator for this site.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with a *