MINUTES of MEETING held on 14th September 2015
PRESENT C.Cook(Clerk), S. Hannant , P. Jackson, M. Ball J. Lucy, L. Chenery, J. O’Leary, J. Seaward and W. Kemp (District Councillor)
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE received from M. Somerville
2 .DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Chairman asked for any declarations of interest.
- Chenery declared an interest in local plan.
- MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING held on 10th August 2015 were agreed as a true representation of meetings
Proposed by J. Lucy seconded by J. O’Leary
- COUNTY/DISTRICT COUNCILLORS, COMMUNITY POLICING, LOCAL ORGANISATIONS, CLUBS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES -– REPORTS / INFORMATION.
Monthly e-mail report received from Loddon Police. Two recorded crimes.
- Kemp (District Councillor) reported on current thoughts regarding devolution of powers to local Councils
No report from M. Somerville (County Councillor).
A letter from Heather Longman was read out confirming that she does no longer wish to continue her involvement in ongoing projects following her resignation in May. She commented on representation of Parish Council at the planning application for the Beccles Rd development which is now scheduled for October.
She also gave information on the possible of introduction of an Outreach Post Office Service in the Village Shop. Other venues for provision of the space to accommodate an Outreach Post Office Service were discussed. Agreed that we await result of discussions this week.
The situation regarding grants and fund raising for car park to be discussed at a separate meeting later.
- MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF P.C. ASSETS
Grant funding has been offered from WREN for Outdoor Gym and access paths. Heather will remain as main contact for this grant application. Equipment now installed. Problems with paths have now been resolved. Problem with Rowing Machine should be resolved by manufacturer this week which means we can request payment of grant.
Working party 1st August resolved some of problems in this year’s inspection report. Some parts for equipment have been received and fitted. Bolts on benches and painting of benches opposite shop and next to pub still outstanding. Mole hills are a serious problem at present. Jem has offered to fit traps but it would be easier if we remove current molehills so he can then assess runs when they reappear. Individuals offered to remove mole hills to fill in to front of goal posts. Robert King has volunteered to paint benches this week.
Contractors for the pub housing are willing to re install chicane at Links Way entrance and will let us have the metal fencing when it is replaced by the new boundary fencing for the housing. CLerk emailed Dick regarding fencing and chicane last week. He also asked regarding the reinstatement of Mill Lane.
- HIGHWAY/TRAFFIC CALMING/FOOTPATH MATTE
Problems with signage and road markings at crossways corner have been reported to Highways. Await response
Clerk had a phone call from a resident regarding access to marshes at bottom of Low Rd.. J. Seaward confirmed that this access is classified as a County Rd.
- Longmans complaint to SNC re their reporting of the Parish Councils responses to the Local Plan Inspector was sent to SNC etc. Response was received and circulated with last Agenda. H. Longman prepared a response to this letter which I circulated to all Councillors and sent to SNDC etc.
Planning application from M Gaze & Co Ltd Crossways Farm was considered. This is for upgrades to existing waste water treatment facility comprising the erection of a control room and the installation of plant, equipment, tanks, hard standing and associated development. It was agreed that PC has no objections to this application.
NTTVH Hire of Hall £33.00
- Cook Photocopies newsletter £22.80
- Cox Play area warden wages £19.50
Came and Co PC Insurance £1350.26
Mazars Audit Fee £120.00
Sutcliffe Play Spares for Play Area equipment £61.38
Proposed by S. Hannant seconded by J. O’Leary that cheque payments be authorised.
Insurance figure commits PC to Came and Co for next 3 years
- PARISH PLAN
It has been suggested that we include a short questionnaire in a future newsletter and use results to update Parish Plan. J. O’Leary has prepared a draft questionnaire which was forwarded to all Councillors. Agreed that John, Ann and Chris meet to formulate the questionnaire and this will be included in November newsletter.
Articles for next newsletter, Results of Draw, forward warning of Parish Plan Questionnaire and opening of Gym equipment etc
- GENERAL DISCUSSION
Nothing put forward for inclusion on a future agenda.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING 12th OCTOBER 2015
NOB meeting closed at 8.15