9th September 2013 Minutes

MINUTES of MEETING held on 9th September 2013

 

PRESENT  C.Cook(Clerk), H. Longman  S. Hannant ,  P. Jackson, M. Ball  J. Berry, J. O’Leary and  W. Kemp (District Councillor)

 1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE received from L. Chenery

2 .DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

 Chairperson asked for any declarations of interest. S. Hannant declared an interest in discussions on Post Office situation.

  1. 3.    MINUTES  OF  THE PREVIOUS  MEETING held on 12th August 2013 were  agreed as a true representation of meetings

Proposed by J. Berry seconded by J. O’Leary

  1. 4.    COUNTY/DISTRICT COUNCILLORS, COMMUNITY POLICING,      LOCAL ORGANISATIONS, CLUBS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES -– REPORTS / INFORMATION.

E-mail report   from Police received and read out.

A presentation on the plans for a planning application for properties on land to rear of Queens Head was circulated at the last meeting. A recent e-mail regarding this has also been circulated. Await planning application.

Village Hall improvements have been completed. Official opening on 18th September.

Post Office situation was discussed. It was agreed that PC should press for an outreach service to regain a Post Office service in the Village. It was suggested that we contact Richard Bacon, Jo Swinton (Equalities Minister). Clerk to contact Burgh St Peter PC Clerk to obtain information with regard to their experiences with the provision of an outreach facility.

  1. 5.      MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF P.C. ASSETS

Still some items to be resolved resulting from playing field annual inspection.

H. Longman has contacted P. Arnold regarding quantities of fencing, benches and paving slabs required.

Top soil and seeding required to front of goals. It was suggested that this should be done in September.

6.  HIGHWAY/TRAFFIC CALMING/FOOTPATH MATTERS

Nothing to report

  1. 7.      PLANNING

Nothing to report

  1. CHEQUES

ThurltonChurch            Donation                                                          £200

ESE Direct                   Bicycle Racks                                                   £67.62

Came & Co                 PC Insurance                                                    £1255.25

K. Cox                         Wardens Wages                                               £46.43

C. Cook                       Photocopies Newsletter                                    £22.80

It was proposed by J. Berry seconded by J. O’Leary that cheque payments be authorised.

The use of funds from village of year competition and community composting receipts etc. was discussed. It was agreed at last meeting that we would purchase bicycle racks (see above) and 2 bench seats for playing field. The Benches selected are not available until April of next year  From available funds of £1800  we have committed or spent  approx £900 (including £160 for benches) but have not yet received £250 from PFA towards Goal Posts.

It was agreed that the  article in the newsletter asking for donations towards a defibrillator, be repeated, with a commitment from PC to donate £500 towards project.

  1. PARISH PLAN

Nothing to report

 10. COMMUNICATION

Articles for October newsletter to include use of available funds etc

 

     11. GENERAL DISCUSSION

Nothing to report

     12. DATE OF NEXT MEETING 14th OCTOBER 2013

           

NOB meeting closed at 8.05pm

 

Signed …………………………………………………

Leave a Reply

Comments are moderated. This may take some time as there is no full time moderator for this site.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with a *